Camera View & Printing issues

Designer4ever

I really need help so I can complete the plans I am working on !!!

I've upgraded to Chief Architect x8 and have windows 7. Never had this problem with any other Chief Arch version.

#1. I'm having problems with elevations shifting and re-scaling in layout, which happen when I zoom in or out.

#2. I also having problems with printing a PDF of the elevations, they are skewed or re-scaling.

#3. Also, I'm not having any luck using the camera view tool, it gets hung up with the shadowing repeating over and over and I can't control the camera.

Chief Architect has claimed to fix these issues,I checked online to make sure I had the latest updates, but I'm still having this problem. Is there a setting or anything else that I need to adjust to fix this problem? Please see the attached copy of an example PDF print and a copy of my Chief Arch screen view.

8 18.1.0.41 Update Notes From Chief Architect 

• Corrected a problem that caused Live On Demand layout views to scale incorrectly when printed in some situations. • Fixed a set of issues that caused overviews sent to layout to shift in their layout boxes when printed in certain situations. • Fixed a crash that occurred if a Wall Elevation view was sent to layout and then made invalid by deleting the wall associated with the view. • Fixed a problem that caused Orthographic Overviews sent to layout to shift in their view boxes when printed. • Fixed a problem that caused Live Elevation views to re-scale, or skew, when printed.

Chief Arch Screen View Issues.pdf

PDF print, Line drawing view.pdf

• 7 months later...
On 1/8/2017 at 2:54 PM, Designer4ever said:

#1. I'm having problems with elevations shifting and re-scaling in layout, which happen when I zoom in or out.

Then I would assume you are sending them to layout as an "image" instead of a vector view-plot lines view

#2. I also having problems with printing a PDF of the elevations, they are skewed or re-scaling

Then I would assume that is because of a poor quality PFF file, get a higher resolution copy if you can.

#3. Also, I'm not having any luck using the camera view tool, it gets hung up with the shadowing repeating over and over and I can't control the camera.

Like the old joke goes " Doctor, every time I do xxx, it hurts" "Doctor then says, don't do that!" I mean for what ever reason that action is failing, abandon it until the issue is resolved.

That is my advice, you are welcome to pursue it or ignore it.You also may have a video driver that needs updation.

DJP