Sign in to follow this  
DCB123

Exporting & Importing Autocad Files and Drawing Templates in Acad into Chief Layout Sheets

Users of Chief;

I am trying to figure out a way to import my AutoCAD files into Chief importing only the Title Block information

so that I can export it into the layout sheets and set this up for the standard layouts that I will be using for this job from the architect

primarily? I need a step by step procedure here please; you can email me or call me, or text me with your replies.

I will eagerly await your replies.

Thx,

DCB

Accurate Asbuilts & Designs

Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com

(970)987-4476 cell

1619-FINAL-TITLE.pdf

1621-161024-1-T.pdf

1. Start a new Plan and save it somewhere.

2. File>Import>Import Drawing (DWG, DXF...)

3. Step through the Import Drawing Assistant; when you get to the Select Layers tab uncheck everything except the title block layer.

4. Once the data is imported,  Copy it to your clipboard.

5. Open a new Layout and save it in the same directory as the Plan file.

6. Paste the contents of the clipboard into Page 0 of the Layout.

7. Move/scale/tweak the data to finish setting up the title block on Page 0.

8. Save your work.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wagnerm8
    Newest Member
    wagnerm8

• By DCB123
      I am an experienced Chief Architect Designer of (7) years now. I have completed several large scale, high end custom residential home projects, here in SW Florida. I have samples of my work, and photorealistic renders, full walkthroughs animations all done in Lumion software. Pls, reach out to me, by phone, or the email listed below. I’de love to hear from you now. My rates are based upon the project, but, an idea of what I charge, is normally $50 per hour for my drafting and design time, this is somewhat negotiable, and can be addressed when we discuss your project together. Pls reach out to me to discuss your next project. Thx!

Email:
      douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell: (970)987-4476 msg/txt

• By DCB123
      Hello, my name is Doug, as I am a Chief Arch’l Cad Designer, looking to help other contractors, builders and Chief users with their residential projects, 3D models, plans, walkthroughs, photo realistic renderings in Chief Architect & Lumion softwares.
      I have a well established portfolio of the houses that I’ve done, renders in lumion 
      and other references as well.
      I would love to discuss your next design project with you, and even do a free online meeting, for us to get better aquanted with your Project. My professional rates are reasonable, depending on the size of the project, and the scope of the work, but I normally take payment on PayPal, and block out prepayment, for lesser amounts of time, or discuss, working on larger projects on contract basis. Pls, reach out to me, so, that we can discuss things further?

Douglas Burgmann
      Chief Architect Designer III
      Accurate Asbuilts & Design
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell:     (970)987-4476 msg
      Web:   http://www.dcbcaddesigns.com
      FB: dcb1234

• By marinus
      Custom home and mostly residential remodel general contractor in Bellingham, WA is looking for a Lead Designer with extensive experience in computer drafting to join our firm.

Our office space is small and informal, but this allows us to offer a competitive employment package with benefits.

We are looking to hire a professional with experience drafting architectural projects - from the initial designs to permit plans. This self-motivated candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to collaborate with clients and co-workers alike.

You should have a thorough understanding of building components, green building, and good working knowledge of architectural construction documents in residential new construction and remodeling. We are looking for someone who has good problem solving skills and is able to self-manage.

Qualifications:
      • 5+ years of experience in construction/design
      • Strong technical skills
      • Proficient in Chief Architect, AutoCad, Revit or equivalent experience required

Responsibilities:
      • Draft residential (some commercial interior) building designs, details, and permit plans.
      • Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/permit officials/contractors and develop construction details

• By decorators3
      Hi 

I want to import a door into my program for a house build.. how do I go about it??
      Levina
      CA Premium 11
    • By PranaKaren
      I have created a 5600SF heated, 8000SF under roof, custom house design and I am looking for a Professional Drafter who can use it to get me to the next step with proper drawings for an Engineer to review and to seek permitting, etc. I have already copyrighted my unique floor plan and am hoping to find someone who does not have an issue with me maintaining intellectual rights to my design. I am in central Florida (Ocala, FL/ Marion County). Thanks in advance for any advice!