Catalog download/update completed with one or more errors

rpieket

I'm a new user of Chief Architect. I purchased Premier.

When running CAP, I'm prompted to download the core libraries. Invariably, the download results in the following error: "The catalog download/update completed with one or more errors. Would you like to try downloading again?" No matter the number of times I try downloading again, the result is always the same error.

Chief Architect Premier X6 build 16.3.0.59OSX

Please advise.

-Ron.

PS Meanwhile I can't find a bed in the library browser to put in my bedroom design. I presume this is part of the failed library download?

Chief's Library files are located in the Program Data directory and consist of two separate files in to different sub-directories. A Zip file in the Reference Sub-directory and a calib (database) file in a category sub directory. If either of these two files is missing or corrupt for any Vendor or topic, the update will stop and give a error. The update makes no attempt to correct any corruption or missing files, it only updates files. Unfortunately it will not tell you which file caused the error.

The only solution is to delete these directories and reload all your libraries -- Re-Start from scratch .

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF. NEVER DELETE THE PROGRAM DATA DIRECTORY ITSELF.

Call Tech Support and have them walk you though it. They may be able to identify the corrupt file.