Cabinet outside corners

lizdion

Chief doesn't seem to like to make outside corners on cabinets. I am having difficulty getting non-square corners on the outside of a U-shaped retail counter. Auto corners and auto fillers are unchecked. But I can't get it to not try to square off at least one outside corner.

At this point I just want it to look right in plan and in 3d from the outside. I will work around by pulling back the cabinets and filling in with p-line solids to get the blank face if necessary. If anyone knows a better way, please tell me. It would also be nice to get options for angled and rounded corners in these outside locations. It doesn't seem to recognize the angled corners I added, I guess because they are reversed from the main cabinet.

The attached file is just the cabinets in question.

Thanks,

Liz

cabinet test.plan

You should be able to select the cabinet and change it's type from Angle Front to Left Radius End for the bottom one and Right Radius End for the top one. 

Your radiused custom counter top then needs adjustment.

Is this what you are after?

Thanks, Glenn. That did what I needed. On the plan I sent, I forgot I had pulled the center cabinet back so it was not showing the auto-filled squared corner that I couldn't get rid of if the cabinets were complete. Making it radius end did the trick. Thought I tried that and it told me I couldn't do it because of attached cabinet. Must have picked right when I should have picked left.

After I changed to radius ends, I went back to see if I could do angled corners. Used angled front again but this time didn't get the auto-fill. Don't know what is different but glad it is!