To Do List / Changes/ Comments Schedule

Sydney23

Is there a way of doing this in a plan?

I often review plans with customers and end up with an action list and other comments on a bit of paper. It would be neater if I could keep it within the plan. I know I could use a rich text window and just have a manual list, but a scheduel could have (user defineable?) columns such as:

Action Point Ref

Action Point Description

Requested Date

Requested By

Deadline Date

Who?

Done?

Hours?

etc etc

and be linked to callout/marker type points within the plan itself, with links so I can click on Schedule 'item 15' in the table and be taken to comment/to do item 15 location in the plan.

There may well be a way of doing this already, it seems obvious, but I've just spent 30 mins trawling around schedules and callouts and can't find a way of doing it. The schedules all seem predefined to other CA defined categories - windows, doors, electrics etc. The layout page tables are no good either as I need something in the plan itself.

Have you had a play with the Link function in a text box.

This would allow you to link to an external file from a text box.

The way it works is that you could have a text box that says "NOTES" or something similar which links to an external spread sheet, or text document that stores all your information.

When you select the text box and click the Follow Hyperlink icon on the Edit toolbar, the external document opens. .