Curved mullion plan and symbol

MarkMc

There was a request for curved and x mullion glass cabinet doors. Here is a plan with one version of curved mullions -there is a symbol in there along with the stuff used to make it.

Unlike many door symbols the stretch planes were left alone. Also needed two mirrored molding profiles.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 5/31/2016 at 7:42 PM, MarkMc said:

There was a request for curved and x mullion glass cabinet doors. Here is a plan with one version of curved mullions -there is a symbol in there along with the stuff used to make it.

Unlike many door symbols the stretch planes were left alone. Also needed two mirrored molding profiles.

Door curve mullion.plan

MarkMc, this is awesome and is exactly what I am looking for. I am working with Chief Interiors X9 and have been having trouble creating this on my own. It works just like yours if I create the arc one way (say to the right) and convert to 3d molding polyline. However, when I try to mirror, or create the curve going the other way and then convert to 3d molding polyline (say to the left) the molding profile is backwards, which makes sense I just have no idea how to invert it basically. I don't want to extrude the molding to the interior or exterior on this side, I just want it to face the same way the curve to the right did.

If anyone has any suggestions, or can tell me what step I am missing, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, LoriFox said:

If anyone has any suggestions, or can tell me what step I am missing, I would appreciate it greatly.

3D molding lines can act odd. Draw a simple line (curve) and mirror it before you convert it. Also makes snapping easier. (Just went through this with a prairie mullion door). It's a good idea to turn off "connect CAD segments" too.

5 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

3D molding lines can act odd. Draw a simple line (curve) and mirror it before you convert it. Also makes snapping easier. (Just went through this with a prairie mullion door). It's a good idea to turn off "connect CAD segments" too.

I tried this method, mirroring before converting and the same thing keeps happening?

Curved Mullion Attempt.PNG

Just now, solver said:

Did you try changing the extruding?

The left one has Extrude Inside Polyline checked, the right does not.

ct1.thumb.jpg.9dcc6d5e05231fdeeb5f76dc98669c95.jpg

Yes, this resulted in the molding moving to the inside or outside of the polyline on the same plane. It was still facing backwards.

As Eric said post the plan be sure to "place molding profile" into the plan and put a red circle or box around it. 

Also note from my first post that you need two molding profiles, one for left and one for right. Open the each molding line to see the difference.