Roof Framing

Walleye

Probably a beginner question, but what is the best way to show sub-fascia in a 2d roof framing plan.

I typically build my roofs manually using roof planes. I have the build roof set to trusses. Then when I go to build framing automatically it always builds the roof framing out of rafters and not trusses.

I like how it shows the sub-fascia though. If I draw a truss manually and copy it across the roof, I can't figure out how to show the sub-fascia.

Right now I've been building the framing automatically, then deleting everything except the sub-fascia. Then drawing in the trusses.

What am I missing?

Subfascia is rare when you use a truss system.  Often for trusses it would be blocking between the ends of the truss (if you wanted some sort of extra nailer), or build-out from the fascia if it was a visual thing - in which case your fascia would be the "sub-fascia".....but we call that a "build-up" fascia detail.  The blocking is super easy to add in CA using the blocking tool.

However, im sure a chief expert could figure this out for you if you really wanted "sub-fascia" on a truss end - good question on sequence.