Sign in to follow this  
vision_concepts

wall thickness dimensions

Go to Default Settings>Dimension>Auto Exterior Dimensions and click on the Locate Objects tab.  Under Wall Options, make sure Both Wall Sides is NOT selected. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserTyMN
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserTyMN

• By Designers_Edge
      I appreciate any help or input on this problem.  I have been having this issue for the last 3-4 months and have just been working around it.  I only do as-built and remodel plans, so I need to show the casing widths -especially for kitchen remodels. In a PLAN---For example:  3 1/4" casings when dimensioned, whether with automatic interior dimensions or manual dimensions show up as 3 1/2".  

I have contacted Chief support and sent them a different plan file.  They told me to change the "Rounding Method" in the Dimension Defaults setup.  I have selected both "Grid Rounding" and "Distance Rounding" and it does not make a difference.  I have also tried:  locating first the sides and then changed it to rough opening to see if I could work around this glitch.  NO luck.

I have Chief X9 Interiors and have used Chief since 8.0 and have never had this problem previously.  I even opened one of the Chief Architect templates and drew a simple box with one interior wall and inserted a door, then dimensioned---same issue.  

Here are my default settings