Question About CAD Sections

English

Go to solution Solved by English,

I am new to the CAD blocks in the library and have a simple question.  I notice that the CAD bloc for the wall section is at full size.  Do I insert this in my plan or create a new plan and insert it there so I can send it to the same elevation drawing -- or to a separate layout as a page in my document set?
Thanks

Alan

Why not simply put it off to the side on the model then on a layout sheet create a view with that wall section?  Keep in mind that you will have your Active file open AND your Layout file open, you will then be Sending Views to the Layout sheet of your choice.

Your Active file creates all your views for your Layout sheets.  That way everything is linked directly.  That's the "beauty" of Chief.

However, if you want to create an Active file that holds a "Library" of details, you can then organize ALL details into one "Library" and then you have consistency from project to project if you do a lot of projects.

I do it that way, personally.  It's important that you maintain "standards" so that you have consistency in my humble opinion.  If you have any staff or outside contractors helping you then consistency will be automatic.  That way you are less likely to have any errors or omissions.