Stair Height Vs Floor Height In X8

Joe_Carrick

There is a discrepancy between the Stair Height (Floor to Floor) vs the 2nd Floor Elevation.  Basically, the Stair Height is 1/2" more than distance from the 1st Floor to the 2nd Floor.

My Floor Finish in the dbx is the same for each floor (1/2" thick)

I've reported it to support and sent them a sample plan.  Is anyone else having this problem?  If so, please report it to support (attn: Kirk Clemmons)

Dermot has also confirmed that this is a Bug.

• 1 month later...

This problem only occurs when the lower floor is a slab.  In that case the finish floor thickness of the lower floor is not being taken into account.  This results in the riser height being reported incorrectly.

I was hoping it would be fixed in the latest X8 update - but it wasn't.  PLEASE move this up to the top of the list. 

Here's a pic showing the problem.

post-47-0-23467700-1457541704_thumb.jpg

The First Floor is a Slab at Elevation 0 and has a 1/2" finish thickness.  The Second Floor is at Elevation 109.375" and also has a 1/2" finish thickness.

The text showing the Stair information is the result of a macro that uses the stair attributes.  It should show the riser height as 7 13/16" and the total height of the stair as 9'-1 3/8".  IOW:

14 R.@ 7 13/16" = 9'-1 3/8"

The 1/2" discrepancy is the thickness of the first floor thickness.  Note that if the first floor is framed construction instead of a slab the riser height is reported correctly in bot the stair dbx and in the attributes.