Sign in to follow this  
betsybranden

How To Change The Layer A Label Is On

How do you change the layer that a symbol's label is on?  

I recentely imported a new light symbol into my library for a wall sconce.  Chief put it on an "Fixtures, Interior" layer, and the label is on the "Fixtures, Labels" layer.

I easily changed the fixture to be on the "Electrical" layer, but the label is stuck on the "Fixtures, Labels" layer and I can't figure out how to change it to the "Electrical, Labels" layer.  

Any ideas? 

Thank you!  

Change the symbol to an electrical symbol. No other way that I know of to move label layer. If there is a way, I'd love to know it. I've wanted do that for a different reason myself.

Thank you so much - Alaskan_Son!  How do I change the symbol to an electrical symbol?  I dug around in the "Open Symbol" area and "Open Object" area looking to change everything I could to "Electrical" and couldn't find that.  Thank you! 

Thank you so much - Alaskan_Son!  How do I change the symbol to an electrical symbol?  I dug around in the "Open Symbol" area and "Open Object" area looking to change everything I could to "Electrical" and couldn't find that.  Thank you! 

Re-import the symbol.  Make sure to use the Import 3D Symbol option rather than drag and drop or copy/paste. During the import process, the Import Symbol dbx will pop up.  Choose "Electrical" from the drop-down list.