How To Create Furred Down Ceiling Below Floor Framing

tahoebrian5

I've got a situation where I have an existing room I'm trying to build. The room has a dropped beam in the middle of the ceiling. On one side of the beam I've got an 8' ceiling, on the other side of the beam I've got a 7' ceiling. I'm guessing that the actual framing doesn't change and I've got a furred down soffit for some plumbing or hvac. I'm not really sure at this point but I'd like to get it so the section at least shows the correct ceiling heights. It seems the ceiling tool is intended to work below roofs. What do you guys suggest for this situation?

I've got a situation where I have an existing room I'm trying to build. The room has a dropped beam in the middle of the ceiling. On one side of the beam I've got an 8' ceiling, on the other side of the beam I've got a 7' ceiling. I'm guessing that the actual framing doesn't change and I've got a furred down soffit for some plumbing or hvac. I'm not really sure at this point but I'd like to get it so the section at least shows the correct ceiling heights. It seems the ceiling tool is intended to work below roofs. What do you guys suggest for this situation?

There are quite a few options including but not limited to:

1. The soffit tool (one of the more popular options). 

2. Creating room dividers and adjusting the ceiling height and structure settings for the individual areas.

3. Using ceiling planes (probably one of the better methods in my opinion).

4. Using polyline solids (many will disagree, but this is usually my personal favorite).

5. Much more complicated, but you can build soffits using an additional "Floor" with very short ceiling heights.

I'm sure the list could go on.  These are just the methods that come to mind.