Sign in to follow this  
DaViper

Gable Or Attic Walls On Adding Sheathing, Not Siding. Also How To Extend Siding Over Heels Of Trusses.

When I selected "balloon through ceiling" on my gable end walls, Chief generated a 2x4 solid wall up the whole gable side but did not add my metal siding to it.  Is there  a way around that? 

Also, I was reading where I might have needed to add to my "raise above plate" value to get things to work right but a little too far to redo this.  I am trying to get siding on the side walls to extend over the truss heels?

As far as know there is no way to edit the z-height of wall layers. I have run in to this same problem a few times and I used a molding p-line to represent the siding.

Or you could create a single layer wall for the siding and put it on the floor above for the perimeter.

Would I need to go back and rebuild all the trusses with a "raise  off plate" value to get this to generate correctly or is this just an issue I cannot easily get around?

I don't think the trusses are the problem. There should be attic walls that are getting created to cover the truss ends. Try going to Defaults/Walls/General and make sure Auto Rebuild Attic Walls is checked. Test plan attached.

Untitled 1.plan