Sign in to follow this  
HaywardVT

Can't Get Window To Go Through Double Stud Wall, Applies Only To Exterior Or Interior.

I'm going around the house to fit custom windows in the framing so that the king studs for the windows are the normal 16" OC studs in the wall. When placing a window it works fine and goes through both walls, but when the window is moved to the edge of the stud it only applies to the exterior.

Also, is there an easier way to move the windows directly up against the studs other than entering exact dimensions? The point to point move doesn't snap to the window, and the dimensions I'm allowed to edit when selecting the window aren't always the ideal ones.

C_2160SF_4BR_2.5B_3ST(OG)_8'C_11-25-15.plan

There doesn't seem to be a problem when I try adding windows elsewhere. Maybe it has something to do with the stairs? 

Turn on Ignore Casing...

post-95-0-00530400-1449073731_thumb.png

As you move the window close the the adjacent wall this setting comes into play.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    IanStewart
    Newest Member
    IanStewart

• By Aamir77
      It was all perfect since I am making corner windows by dragging both side windows to the corner. I always keep unchecking the corner post checkbox. Today I am trying multiple time but unable to fix the issue. In 2D plan, it shows that the corner window has created but in 3D camera view both the windows do not join with each other.

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By SPSEngineering
      Hi, I am trying to continue the exterior wall up to the dormer. When I exploded the auto dormer and extended the roofline it cuts off the gutter and eave boxes. I don't know if there is a better method for this or an easy fix, that's why I'm here. Thanks in advance. 

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.