Convert plant image into symbol

ED-209

Hi,

I'm trying to get some of the flower images to sit on the roof, like I can do with symbols. So; is there anyway, apart from changing the "height from floor" on each item, that I can either:

1) Get the image/object (look up Papaver Oriental in the core catalogue) to "sit on roof", such as a symbol can or,

2) Convert the flower image to a symbol, so I can then change its setting to "sits on roof"

Thanks everybody,

Ed 

You can make a Symbol by creating a Face and assigning it a Material that uses the plant image as the Texture - BUT it's a pointless exercise because the Symbol won't behave like the plant Image - in other words it won't automatically turn to face the camera. Chief hasn't given us the ability to assign that kind of behavior to a Symbol - only to an Image.

You can extract the image used in the SketchUp file and import into Chief using Build>Image>Create Image. Then it will have the proper "face me" behavior.

EDIT: Or better yet, use Terrain>Plant>Create Plant Image. Then you can add all sorts of plant data if you want.