I'm a residential architectural designer with 10 Years of experience in large-scale custom projects that can take the project from ground zero to approved permit including full project development, construction plans, and submittal to building department for permitting available for per project or hourly work.
- New Construction, Addition, Remodels & Full-Renovation
- Single Family, Two-Family, Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU's), Mother-in-law Suites, Carriage Lots, and Garage Apartments.
- Construction Plans, Building Department Submittal & Plan Review including Zoning, Historic Preservation, Variances and HOA's
- Site Plan, Plot Plan, Floor Plans, Elevations, Cross-Sections, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Roof Plans, Electrical Plans, Plumbing & HVAC, Window & Door Schedule, Foundation Plan, Details, and Calculations such as Electrical Load, Attic Ventilation, UA Fenestration, Natural Glazing/Ventilation, etc.
Additional Speciality Skills/Knowledge:
- ICF, FOAM FORMWORK, ALTERNATIVE EPS FOAM BUILDING MATERIALS
- 1880-1930’S AND 3-WYTHE BRICK CONSTRUCTION.
- HIGH ENERGY REQUIREMENTS FOR PLANS IN JURISDICTIONS SUCH AS BOULDER, DENVER & SEATTLE
Examples of work available and sent directly to you, just let me know what you want to see! If you have questions or want to discuss in more depth, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Using Chief Architect X13 and AutoCAD 2022
Architectural Designer | Custom Projects, Construction Plans, Permits
I am helping a college who is having issues exporting a Chief File into a CAD . dwg file.
The issue is, she had imported a .jpeg of a clients survey to draw over to create a site plan.
Now trying to export the file to CAD, it will not export the .jpeg with it (that we sized / rotated into place).
The other option would be just to import the .jpeg into CAD and re-size / rotate to fit, but wasn't sure if their was an easier way.
See the files attached.
thanks in advance for the help!
McMillan -custom-VER.4- SITE - 08.17.21 ENTIRE LOT.plan McMillan -custom-VER.4- SITE - 08.17.21 ENTIRE LOT.dwg
Looking for design partner for upcoming projects. My previous designer used Chief and he is too busy to take on additional work. Ideally looking for someone who may have building experience in addition to being a designer. Looking for someone who can deliver preliminary floor plans and elevations to facilitate proof of concept, someone who can design to specific standards for ARC review and submission standards. The designer will need to understand page naming conventions and all related requirements for the city of Bend Oregon for streamlined permit submission. Structural drafting and coordination with structural engineers.
See attached files as example of the type of drawings needed
A0.01 COVER SHEET.pdf
A0.02 PLAN NOTES.pdf
A1.01 SITE PLAN.pdf
A1.02 MAIN FLOOR PLAN.pdf
A1.03 LOWER FLOOR PLAN.pdf
A1.04 FOUNDATION AND LOWER FLOOR FRAMING.pdf
A1.05 LOWER ROOF AND UPPER FLOOR FRAMING.pdf
A1.06 UPPER ROOF FRAMING.pdf
A2.01 EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS.pdf
A2.02 EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS.pdf
A3.01 BUILDING SECTIONS.pdf
I'm having an issue in X10 using the Edit Area (All Floors) tool to rotate my site plan to a know reference line using the Make Parallel tool. I select the terrain perimeter (on the line segment I wish to align with the reference line), then select Edit Area (All Floors). I then select the Make Parallel tool, set to rotate the entire polyline, and select my reference line. Everything rotates, but a line segment of the terrain that I did not select gets the perpendicular treatment.
I know I've done this before, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what user error is involved.
See attached. (Notes in plan)