Sign in to follow this  
RBruceK

Seeking Seattle area Terrain support

I have a residential remodel and need support creating the terrain content.  I have .dwg content from the surveyor and a separate building plan.  I'm looking for an hour of time to integrate the two.  I can go somewhere in the Seattle area on my laptop, or meet at my home office near U village for assistance. I'm using X6.

Contact me at info@ktkarchitecture.com if you need local (Renton) CA help.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefMarianne
    Newest Member
    ChiefMarianne

• By rfantclt
      Fellow More-experienced CA users,

I have drawn as-built plans of a house for a renovation/addition project in CA v.12.  I recently received the final survey from the surveyor with property lines, major and minor contours, the building footprint, and other typical survey information.  I imported it from .dwg as a .plan file  with layers for terrain perimeter and terrain, and converted the terrain using the convert tool to make it 3D.  It shows up with terrain. Yay!  Now I'm not sure of the next steps:
      1. How do I bring the terrain into the building.plan?
      2. How do I set it in place - using a Place Point or Point Marker at a corner of the house?
      3. The survey elevations are in the 650' range so how what do I do to place the terrain relative to my house (1st floor 0.0)?  This house has a walk out basement, if that matters.
      4. I copied in a 2D version of the survey to use in plan view (on layer CAD, AS-BUILT SURVEY).  When I send it to layout, the house floor plans are obscured and the secondary contours didn't come in - admittedly, this is a previous version of my survey attempt and I've since remapped the survey layers.

I have also attached the house plan, if that helps.

Thanks for recommendations from this group, as I've watched numerous videos and couldn't find any that addressed this process.

Rebecca
      CA Premier X12

Zoutewelle FINAL SURVEY.plan
      Muhs Existing.plan
    • By ValDesign
      Looking for Seattle local experienced drafters for architectural and interior projects.
      contact email info@valdesignstudio.com

• By ValDesign
      Looking for experienced drafters for architectural and interior projects.
      contact email info@valdesignstudio.com

• By MN_JohnH
      I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
      I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.
    • By JeremyNeilKelly
      Design Associate for Residential Remodeling
      Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for detail-oriented Design Associate in our Seattle operations. Our projects include whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency, and more. Successful candidates with have experience drafting in Chief Architect / AutoCAD, materials research, taking job site measurements, estimating and project scheduling. Neil Kelly Design Associates are key to facilitating the design-build process, and must have the ability to draft and render with both the clients’ and builders’ perspectives in mind.

Check us out at www.neilkelly.com
      Apply at www.neilkelly.com/careers/