Sign in to follow this  
RBruceK

Seeking Seattle area Terrain support

I have a residential remodel and need support creating the terrain content.  I have .dwg content from the surveyor and a separate building plan.  I'm looking for an hour of time to integrate the two.  I can go somewhere in the Seattle area on my laptop, or meet at my home office near U village for assistance. I'm using X6.

Contact me at info@ktkarchitecture.com if you need local (Renton) CA help.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    evanacree
    Newest Member
    evanacree

• By JeremyNeilKelly
      Design Associate for Residential Remodeling
      Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for detail-oriented Design Associate in our Seattle operations. Our projects include whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency, and more. Successful candidates with have experience drafting in Chief Architect / AutoCAD, materials research, taking job site measurements, estimating and project scheduling. Neil Kelly Design Associates are key to facilitating the design-build process, and must have the ability to draft and render with both the clients’ and builders’ perspectives in mind.

Check us out at www.neilkelly.com
      Apply at www.neilkelly.com/careers/

• By decorators3
      Hi 

I am building a foundation but in camera view there is a hole under the foundation but no terrain.. ???!!
    • By Steve77
      Hi There,

I am a current chief architect user and have a question in regards to the contour tool and driveway tool.

I have a plan that has a sloping site that I am trying to accurately portray in 3d for both client and the Local Council.
      From the road front the site slopes left to right and from the back to front.
      (I have attached Images shown what I currently have)

My question is there something that I am missing I have also tried in elevation converting/extracting a polyline solid but it doesn't quite work.

I have attached a link to the 3d viewer but can add a plan if need be.   https://3d-viewer.chiefarchitect.com/go?share=503392208525732    
    • By ericepv
      I am trying to create a sunken patio in sloping terrain. The problem I am having is getting a smooth drop in the grade of the lot without distorting the patio which needs to remain flat. The attached sample file shows what I am trying to achieve with the grey circle representing the area where he patio will be. I tried to subtract this area from the terrain perimeter but found that I cannot subtract and object from terrain like I can with a polyline solid. I've been back and fourth with tech support but so far they have not been able to find a solution.
      Any ideas?
      Sunken Patio in Sloping Terrain.zip
    • By MN_JohnH
      How do I fix the terrain under this covered screen porch?