AndyGump

When opening exported DWG file in ACad, I have no line weights.

When I export a line drawing from Chief to a DWG file and open it up in any Cad program other than Chief there is no weight to the lines.

Anyone else experience this?

Here is a typical DWG. from Chief.

If for some reason this is a bug in Chief I am seriously going to consider going to another program.

Thank you.

Andy.

Riser and wall practice, rev a.zip

Open your layers dialog in ACad, and you'll see that you have line weights, 0.09mm is shown. You may want to increase your line weight, as the 0.09 is quite thin

You can change a setting in the lineweight settings dialog box to be able to see lineweights in your drawing before you preview a plot, but they aren't very accurate unless you're using layouts. When you print from model space, you have to preview the drawing from the plot dialog box to see how the lineweights will look

Andy,

Just wondering how your doing with export to ACad.

Chief exports well if you set it up correctly. Perhaps the biggest weakness is with hatching, which must be re done in ACad.

Most users don't realize that we can export a fully functional 3D model to ACad, that can be viewed and edited. This is really significant, but is often overlooked, as we have few knowlegeable cross platform users.

Hi Bill, thank you for your response.

I think I have it set up correctly, I was able to figure out how to display my line weights in ACad and other Cad programs but I find that in all programs the line weights are of only two varieties/weights.

Either the line is 0.0 line weight or 0.09 weight. Very strange. 

I have it set to allow for ACad index color/weight etc. but still it just doesn't seem to work very well.

I shall continue along as best I can for now.

Andy.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By Tdgdesign
      Hi
      I have doen all of my cross sections and details in AutoCAD and am trying tgo import into Chief. Everything comes across great except for my text formatting - if I dont explode my text in CAD prior Chief doesn't see it at all and by exploding it I loose all my formatting. There is ALOT of text to deal with. Anyone here know of a workaround for this? Thanks!
    • By JanHalter
      Hi there!  I have been searching for a bit, and attempted a few things to no avail.  Anyone have a step by step tutorial (or is it just not possible?) on how to at the very least import an existing title block from Revit or CAD to Chief?  I am far from proficient in Chief at this point and wondering if it's possible.   We want to make sure the title block matches our Revit sheets exactly...in case we have to draw something in one program vs. another in the same CD set.

I tried exporting to .dwf from Revit and importing into the layout page, however it doesn't allow me to import that file type into the main layout page.

Also, am I blind? I can't figure out where to put my signature...so I just typed info below.

Janea
      Rafter P Construction
      Cheif ArchitectX10
    • By cjanderson66
      I have a client who hired me to finish his plan that he did in home designer(not something I normally do but he was close and I didn't have to commute) anyway, when I print the line weights are huge only on the floor plan.  All my other sheets come out just fine.  Can't figure out why this sheet is having so much difficulty.  My text looks fine but all other line weights and line  types are off.
      Atkinson NFP.pdf
    • By Haskellf
      In South Florida, homes are prominently constructed out of concrete blocks, metal studs & beams, concrete headers/lentils/beams, and wooden trusses. Which software would you recommend that would be best suited for concrete home construction? 
      Also, I can't find any training videos for CA that uses concrete blocks and therefore I wanted to ask you all if you know of any videos or tutorials for CA... Or maybe one of the aforementioned software would be better suited for concrete block construction?
    • By MHVisualServices
      Updated 12-8-17

I have a client who had a set of hand drawn plans converted into AutoCAD to submit for plan check/approval.  They are missing certain components that need to be added, see "scope of work".  Have a dropbox folder for review if anyone is interested in bidding.  The completed set of CAD files will be given to an Idaho engineer for review and submission.

Attached are samples of the files.

W 3.pdf
      W 1.pdf
      w 4 - A.pdf
      Letter Outlining Scope of Work.docx