para-CAD Posted yesterday at 02:14 PM Share Posted yesterday at 02:14 PM Many times when I copy an object and I want to paste it in the same saved plan view, just to have two instead of one, when I right click paste and then click where I want it, a warning message pops up and says that layer is not displayed. Do you want to display it? Why would it do that if I’m copying something that already exists and is visible and somehow when I hit paste it changes the layer that it’s on? this is odd behavior because then I have to hit escape and then open the object properties and change whatever I’m pasting to the layer that it was copied from. I’m on a Mac, so who knows if that has anything to do with this, but I have witnessed this for years and just recently realized I need to find out what’s going on. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ConnorE Posted yesterday at 04:36 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:36 PM Howdy! I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Would you be able to share a simple plan file with an object in it that causes the issue to occur when pasting? Also, to clarify, you are just copying an object and pasting it in the same view without changing anything else and that causes the warning message to pop up? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
para-CAD Posted yesterday at 07:05 PM Author Share Posted yesterday at 07:05 PM Yes......copy an object and paste in same plan view. My workaround is to use the shortcut for Copy and Paste Hold in Place, and then drag that new copied version to where I need it. But if I do Command or Control-C and then Command or Control-V, I often end up with a different result. I will fire up the screen recording and see if I can capture this. When it happens again, I will reset and screen record it for you. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now