Printing To Pdfs, So The Pdfs Has Bookmarks

CADD16

Is it possible to create a PDF from chief that has indexed bookmarks with page numbers numbers and descriptions? I have tried searching in the forums and help index for this topic with no luck. I want to see if there is a way that chief can accomplish this or if anyone has been able to do this.

Thanks

AFAIK have to do that after the fact in PDF software.  Do any 3D progs offer that on their own?

I use Bluebeam PDF; the CAD version plugs into ACAD, Revit and others. The plugin can automatically create bookmarks but doesn't work with Chief. (It also creates layered PDFs from them)

I use Blue Beam as well.  I believe that other programs can automatically have the bookmark names and labels built into the sheets.  Its not a big deal to setup the bookmarks on a small set of plans but on a large sets of plans it could be time consuming.  I was just asking about it because our county and city offices are starting to require electronic plans in pdf with the bookmarks labeled with page numbers and titles.  Just looking for a fast way of doing it.

Here's a work around.

Create a document the page size you need with as many blank pages as you are ever likely to use.

Create bookmarks and label them. Save it to your BLueBeam template folder.

Print your layout from CA as usual.

Open your template.

Delete any pages that you won't be using. Check for broken bookmarks and delete those.

Then use replace pages, replace content-the number of pages must be the same and the order should match.

Then save it. Done. I just tested it and it works.

For that matter if you already have any pdfs with bookmarks that are the way you want them just save those to your template folder with an appropriate name and use those instead.

I just tested this and it works fine.