Dormers

mcrump

I have watched every flipping video there is on how to place an auto floating dormer on a roof and NEVER had success with it.  So I am completely done with this house plan and now the owner wants stairs to a bonus room and a very wide dormer with several windows over the front porch.  Can someone give me direction on how to accomplish this.  Thanks!

Kevin Amaro.plan

Here you go....not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this should give you something to start with.

I tried to keep a standard header height on bonus room and put a 48" window there (which can meet egress if you use a casement).   To go up to a 5-0 for a DH vinyl egress would have to pull the dormer further forward or make the header a lot taller and possibly be taller than a 8' 1 1/2 clg ht.

You also had some funky roof planes in the front I cleaned up for you.   I moved some stuff around but think I put is all back.  (I like to bring my roof planes up to another level to work on them).

Hollar at me in the AM.   Be nice to have another local guy who is a chief user.   Nice to meet you in the google earth workshop we did.

Justin

Kevin Amaro added dormer.zip