Automatic horizontal "tail" at end of leader?

madcowscarnival

This is a really petty (and lazy) question, but I'm not having luck with searching.

Is there a way to make CA create a fixed length, horizontal segment at the end of the leader (similar to ACad leaders) automatically?  I know its easy to add a second segment, but I have difficulty making them all "match" horiz. length?  Something that would also stay fixed if I needed to reposition the text box.

Thank you for any ideas.

1 hour ago, madcowscarnival said:

This is a really petty (and lazy) question, but I'm not having luck with searching.

Is there a way to make CA create a fixed length, horizontal segment at the end of the leader (similar to ACad leaders) automatically?  I know its easy to add a second segment, but I have difficulty making them all "match" horiz. length?  Something that would also stay fixed if I needed to reposition the text box.

Thank you for any ideas.

can you give a graphic example of what you are after.. there are a number of different things we can do depending on the final desired look

Rene,

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, here is a screen grab with a side by side.  Autocad makes that leader "tail" automatically, when I move the text, the horizontal segment stays the same length and horizontal in relation to the text.  Chief's single segment leader moves around with the text just fine (top).  The lower leader on the right is how I would like it to look, but when the text is moved around, the joint stays put requiring additional repositioning.  It's not a critical thing, just something I've thought about for long enough that I'd like to find a solution.

Leader tail.jpg