Stair Rail... Huh?

jcaffee

If you look at the attached plan, floor 3 in dollhouse view, you will see that I am getting the base railing wall on custom stair rails in X7.  I never had this issue in X5 or X6 with OOB settings.  I've tried every setting I can think of to resolve this, but to no avail.  Help me Mr(s) Wizard!

This is manifesting on every X7 plan.

jon

20150312_Rail_Test_01.plan

jon - I deleted the wall and then selected the stairs and selected balusters on left. All seemed OK.

Did this condition just build itself like shown when opened?

Also - you mention custom railings in the post. What is custom about the railings?

(PS - I am no wizard )  Maybe they are at lunch. ;o)

jon - looks like your not getting much help on this.  I for one don't understand your custom railing.  It is set about 12" in from the edge of the stair.  I don't get that.  DId you use the railing wall tool and select follow stairs?  Not really sure what you are doing or want.

D, it was an exaggeration of the condition.  If you look under the single rail--in the stairwell...  Anyway.  I resolved this by opening a custom stair railing>select wall types>make a copy of the wall type>strip all but main layer>make main layer Opening, No Material>saved it to my lib as a "Railing, Stair".  No more mystery ghost walls floating under the stairs.  Thanks for looking.

jon