Lost User Cataglog and wont let me add anything either.

lucasmillworks2

See attached... It doesn't even show the user catalog. I have tried to add material to my library and nothing happens.

I can see the material that I've once added to my computer. It's still there. I just cant seem to link it to the chief architect.

HELP!!!!

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 9.30.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 9.11.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 9.30.38 AM.png

• lucasmillworks2 changed the title to Lost User Cataglog and wont let me add anything either.

This could mean your User_Library.calib is corrupt. Please contact Technical Support and send them the file so we can look at it.

Do you host your user library on a network drive or file sharing app?

1 hour ago, Eric_S said:

This could mean your User_Library.calib is corrupt. Please contact Technical Support and send them the file so we can look at it.

Do you host your user library on a network drive or file sharing app?

How do I find out if it's shared on a network drive or file sharing app?

3 minutes ago, lucasmillworks2 said:

How do I find out if it's shared on a network drive or file sharing app?

See the Folders panel in Preferences.

If you've never changed this before, it will be in your Documents (not a network drive)

image.thumb.png.b5dca142919d793c05aa0054b28e79f4.png

12 minutes ago, Eric_S said:

See the Folders panel in Preferences.

If you've never changed this before, it will be in your Documents (not a network drive)

image.thumb.png.b5dca142919d793c05aa0054b28e79f4.png

on PC running win 11 "documents" by default are on a network drive, as in a drive that caches and syncs to a cloud service regardless of the fact that it is a file that is stored on the machine's drive it will still cause redundancy problems. I've been saying this for years now. Onedrive syncs the documents folder OOTB, and since a user will sign into one account across multiple machines and chief installs in the same data location, sync issues occur and cause this corruption. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lucasmillworks2 said:

Okay, so I have it in documents. 

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 4.16.35 PM.png

Your path is unusual, but not necessarily a problem. (Typically would be /Users/lia/Documents/Chief Architect X16 Data/, not a subfolder of it)

Please contact Technical Support and provide them with

/Users/lia/Documents/Chief Architect Premier X16 Data/Textures/-My Textures/Database Libraries/User_Library.calib