Standard Area calculation problem ignoring space between open below room

ozaheman

Hi, 

I am currently facing a challenge with the built-up area calculation, specifically regarding the covered wall area  between two lifts. It appears that the built-up area is not including this wall in the calculations. As a temporary solution, I have been using room divider to account for this issue.

Is there a specific setting or adjustment that can be made to ensure that the built-up area calculation includes the wall between the lifts? I am seeking a more efficient and accurate solution than the current workaround.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your guidance 

1337483222_Screenshot2024-08-08slide1.thumb.png.895e262dd3442182fc79406652b0798c.png770084577_Screenshot2024-08-08slide2.thumb.png.966383161562703c7abd737db6619c0c.png627667426_Screenshot2024-08-08slide3.thumb.png.220942f5efee9cf514f4b30e136c696e.png

If that is a living area generated polyline the excluded areas are holes made from polylines & can be edited.

They may take a bit of tabbing to actually select them but then you can break 2 times & pull the polyline over that wall as desired to get the total you want.

Not sure that is what you are looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

ACADuser gave you the correct advice for manipulating a polyline to give you the area as you wish it to be calculated.

Chief calculates standard living area (LA) to the outer edge of exterior walls (exteriors are LA excluded) and the middle of all interior walls.  Name a room a LA excluded type (garage; porch, or open below for example) the adjoining LA included rooms then measure the entirety of the shared wall within its living area.

The walls where LA excluded rooms touch each other will never be counted automatically by Chief.  No different than walls separating a garage from a porch would ever be counted automatically.

Your temporary solution was brilliant.  Replace the wall adjoining 2 LA excluded rooms with 2 room dividers spaced the original wall's thickness apart.  Then give the space between an LA included name.  Then recreate the LA polyline and it should show you standard area calcs now automatically include what I think you wanted.  Just add a filled polyline between the room dividers to mimic the wall.color you are using.

An alternative to ACADuser's suggestion is to shrink the one hole to one of the excluded room sizes amd add other holes sized to the adjacent excluded rooms with holes separated by the thickness of the walls you want included.

The LA polyline area will be correct, but Chief's auto LA calcs will not.

Hope this helps.