Furring applied one side of interior 4" walls on "build framing"

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Trying to figure out why the program is applying 1/2" x 1.5" furring to my interior walls...

Walls type defined as the original "Interior-4 wall" that ships with the program.

Wall type definition shows 1/2" drywall / 3 1/2" framing / 1/2" drywall as the layers with the total thickness at 4 1/2"

Furring displays in any framing view and wall thickness measured is 4" (furring & framing)

Displays in plan view with drywall one side, and furring on the other side and wall thickness is 4 1/2" (drywall / 3.5" framing / furring)

If I build 'framing, Wall', it appears the furring (in plan view) is shown as a line that matches the drywall line on the other side, but the furring sticks out funny at my 45 deg wall corners

If I take camera views before 'build framing', the walls appear normal

When I build framing, and then take a camera view, only a sheet of drywall appears, with a gap where the framing and drywall should reside. (molding, electrical, etc are hanging in space)

This is for a remodel, and I have the rest of the house drawn making the file too big to send here. I will delete the existing house and just leave the addition and upload here. The program is doing this to all interior walls. 

*** When I deleted everything extraneous to get the file small enough, it shows the drywall in camera view but still has furring sticking out at the 45 deg corners (wall other side of sink) 

As a side note, if anyone knows a good way to display trusses for flat roofs with parapets, I'm all ears. I've figured out a way to get the roofing to display correctly, but trying to get trusses to work with slope and parapet walls is alluding me.

Thanks

Greg

SkyTreeAZ LLC

Running

Windows 10 Home

Ver. 10.0.19045 Build 19045

GEOForce RTX 3080

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Phillips Remodel FURRING ISSUE.plan

• Solution
27 minutes ago, SkyTree-Greg said:

Trying to figure out why the program is applying 1/2" x 1.5" furring to my interior walls...

It actually NOT ...... you have set the Drywall on that side to be a "Framing Material", and chief is cutting out holes .....  just uncheck the framing box....

image.thumb.png.b66b42112021d9eb89a2f1df0e1aa455.pngimage.thumb.png.8410194098d55e95e187768b291fa51d.png 

image.png

you might want to Add a Sig. , so People know what Version you are using etc...this sometimes matters....  here's how

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

M.

3 minutes ago, SkyTree-Greg said:

Thank you. That did the trick. I have no idea how that was checked, nor that that section would make the program behave that way. 

Happy to help :)

don't forget your  Sig, then you wont need to post your info with every question eg put this in your Sig. with the version you are using otherwise people will assume your are using the latest eg X16 currently.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Windows 10 Home

Ver. 10.0.19045 Build 19045

GEOForce RTX 3080

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz

32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor