X15 Material List: Buy list items not reporting as expected

GeneDavis

I have a floor frame with some of the rims 1 1/8" engineered lumber, and some LVL.  I've I-joists at two different widths (series).

Understanding how the rim material count goes, I set the member reporting buy schedule up with one length only, 16 feet.

Thinking I understand how LVLs are counted, I set up two different lengths, 16 and 20 feet, and same for the upper series I-joists.

But both these items, the LVL and the heavy I-joists, are reporting as all 20 footers.  No 16s.  What is causing the counts for lengths like 14'8" to come from 20 footers, when the schedule has 16 footers listed?

I figured it out.  And it is an issue I filed a Suggestion about long ago.

Rim joists are different from joists in the way the structural member reporting counts.  One can set a rim item in the member reporting list at 20 foot length, and a second line same member but 16 feet length.  But the only way rim materials report is from the longest length in the list.  That is why my 15 footers were counted as 20 and not 16.

Joists on the other hand are tallied the same way wall framing studs get counted.  8 foot wall studs report at 8 feet, 9 foot wall studs report as 9.