Auto Stairwell Error

livninavl

So I am trying to use the Auto Stairwell tool and getting the message "Could not connect new stairwell railings to some of the existing walls and railings..."  I have read other posts on the forum about deleting the walls adjacent to the stairwell and trying again, but unfortunately it still is not working.  I have attached the plan and I am specifically looking at the stairs from floor 1 to floor 2.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

Nano-3 new opposing shed roof.zip

You don't need to use that tool here.

Simply open that "Down" room and set it's room type to Open Below.

If I were to assume though, it's probably failing because the walls are not lined up correctly on Floor 2.

image.thumb.png.7961974cf72fc772d6ad4a8a696b7679.pngimage.thumb.png.6a93501a8c88c23f603f5bee5f692c3d.png

Also, for the Bonus Round, the error message that keeps coming up, assuming you haven't suppressed it, is telling you that you need yo break your landing.

image.thumb.png.49d92b2b6afeebebdbaf02fb7e2ea4c8.png

Just use the Add Break tool to put a break in the middle so that each stair has a dedicated edge to connect to. They won't properly connect otherwise.

I was aware of the walls not lining up exactly, but was unaware of having to break the landing, thanks for the heads up. I lined the walls up and still get the error message.  The other problem I have with the first floor stairs is head clearance on the first set of stairs and landing and so I am going to have to frame a sloped roof above that area in the field, which would offset some the closet wall on the second floor, to insure code compliance.  I was hoping the Auto Stairwell tool would accomplish that task.  Any thoughts on how to accomplish that?

Brian

Quick update...  The auto stairwell would not work above the 2nd set of stairs because I had the word "Down" added to the stairwell on 2nd floor.  As for my issue needing the sloped ceiling above the first set, I have tried using the ceiling plane tool, but when I look at the framing their is no change.

54 minutes ago, livninavl said:

I am going to have to frame a sloped roof above that area in the field, which would offset some the closet wall on the second floor, to insure code compliance.  I was hoping the Auto Stairwell tool would accomplish that task.  Any thoughts on how to accomplish that?

All Auto Stairwell does is create an Open Below room above the selected stairs, typically outlined with Railings. So it sounds like custom ceiling plane would be the way to go.

24 minutes ago, livninavl said:

As for my issue needing the sloped ceiling above the first set, I have tried using the ceiling plane tool, but when I look at the framing their is no change.

Looks like Floor/Ceiling framing is not set to auto rebuild, and the Ceiling Joists layer isn't on in section views so you won't see it building.

I'd suggest taking an elevation view and using some CAD Lines or points to find the appropriate heights to plug into the ceiling plane.