Default Sets - Dimensions not cooperating

I'm embarrassed to say that I've been using Chief for about 12 years now and have never set up my default sets the way I want them. Instead I used some generic set and edited everything, which I know is ridiculous and time consuming. So, I'm trying to set up the sets I want. For example, I often do counter plans, and want certain things on those plans that are not in the kitchen plans. So, I set up the default set, and adjusted all the layers, setting up lovely Counter plan specific layers, and created a dimension default called "counter plan dimension defaults" that is basically the same as the kitchen plan, but on the counter plan layer. All good so far. Now, when I go to draw a dimension string, it says, "The layer, "Legacy, Dimensions is not displayed"... but it should be automatically using my Counter plan dimensions. I checked everything at least three times, so clearly I'm missing a step in here. I'd be grateful for any advice :)

Thank you!

7 hours ago, rwaldrondesigns said:

Well, I figured it out. I set everything correctly on the default set, but not on the VIEW!!! 

technically you only need one default set. all active defaults should really be set from the saved plan view