Radeon W6800 System Crashes Reliably in Ray-Trace Views

Hello all,

I use a Radeon W6800x in my system. Over the past few months, any time physical-based rendering (raytracing) is employed, my entire system shuts down. All drivers are updated. What I would like to know is what information should I tell technical support to help them identify the potential nexus between their code and the driver (which blows up the video card). I presume its spiking the GPU and causing an immediate temperature spike and an auto-abort from the BIOS. Note: I use D5, Sketchup, Twinmotion and Enscape. This doesn't happen in any of those programs. I'm at a loss as to where to start. Please advise!

OK.  We have been seeing the same issue with the Intel 14900K, but it sounds like your issue may be different.  With those chips you had to back the Performance Active-Core Ratio (P-Core) down a bit to resolve the issue.  When the graphics card called for more power, it cause the CPU to shut down the computer to protect it.  I found the best solutions to try came from gaming forums since those guys deal a lot with high end systems and spend a lot of time tweaking things.  Best of luck to you.  I know it is frustrating.

• Upvote 1