Best way to Design Road Base Floor in workshop for future concrete pour

Hi all, I'm designing an RCA barn and wanting to design the floors/walls to allow for a future 4" concrete floor sitting on top of (what would be) existing road base.  I'll have continuous footings.  Would I want to design a 4" high stem wall as thick as the wall in Chief?  Or factor it in with either the floor finish or structure features?  Much appreciated!

You can do a pony wall where the bottom portion is your 4” high concrete stemwall and the top portion is your barn wall at whatever thickness. Just be careful of how you’re aligning the top portion over the bottom one. I’m assuming you’ll want the outside to outside alignment, since you wouldn’t want a concrete ledge going around the outside perimeter. 

The future 4” slab can go in whenever you want as the floor structure. I don’t think you need a floor finish. 
That’ll be provided by the cows, I guess… ;)

I'm not sure what “existing road base” is?  Is that just your terrain going through the barn?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

You can do a pony wall where the bottom portion is your 4” high concrete stemwall and the top portion is your barn wall at whatever thickness. Just be careful of how you’re aligning the top portion over the bottom one. I’m assuming you’ll want the outside to outside alignment, since you wouldn’t want a concrete ledge going around the outside perimeter. 

The future 4” slab can go in whenever you want as the floor structure. I don’t think you need a floor finish. 
That’ll be provided by the cows, I guess… ;)

I'm not sure what “existing road base” is?  Is that just your terrain going through the barn?

Genuis!  Thanks for the reply!  Yep, "existing" meaning by the time I go to pour concrete it would be existing. :)