vendor 3D obj file not displaying properly

Hi all,

I have recently requested a manufactuer to assist me with one of their products in .obj file. They were able to provide me the file, but I am not able to use it at all. It's a sink I like to envision for a bathroom. But whenever I place it in the plan view it will stand up in a really large scale. I tried to rotate on the x-axis in the properties and I was able to rotate it. But as soon as I place it in plan view it's a long standing sink. :unsure:Not sure why that happens.

Also, I had a few other .obj product files from the manufacturer that will not open. Is there a way to fix that? Or do I need to go back to them? How should I tell manufactures to save their product files so we can import it easily in Chief?

Thank you.

UB-04-L.obj

Hi MissJane

I think what U need to do is in the fixture specification dialogue box, go to 2d block and click on generate after U have rotated the symbol to get a new CAD BLOCK select the new rotated symbol for your symbol.  As for the Size you need to resize the symbol to the manufacturer specification in the same dialogue box.  Feel free to send me the information so that I could generated this symbol for you.  Also, I would love to help with the other product files just send them here or message me privately so that I could help with them.

• Like 1