Can't see Wood Grain

SLStructures

Evening!

New user here to Chief! I have manage to design a kitchen and get through most of it. However, I can't get any "textures" to show. That cabinets I am picking wood grain colors and in the sample it shows the wood grain, but it doesn't show it on my 3D view. It's just showing "brown" color without the grain. 

Also, same with the countertops. They are grey, but without the granite pattern to them. 

Any assistance? 

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, SLStructures said:

Evening!

New user here to Chief! I have manage to design a kitchen and get through most of it. However, I can't get any "textures" to show. That cabinets I am picking wood grain colors and in the sample it shows the wood grain, but it doesn't show it on my 3D view. It's just showing "brown" color without the grain. 

Also, same with the countertops. They are grey, but without the granite pattern to them. 

Any assistance? 

Thanks!

you are either using a rendering mode or camera that is vector based or you have textures turned off. I am guessing the former. Which camera are you using?

I ended up clicking things and figuring it out. Haha. Camera was in Vector mode. 

However maybe you can help me with anything issue. Trying to insert a floor covering and I can't. The kitchen isn't exactly a room, because one side is open. I tried doing "Floor Material Region" but still having a hard time putting in a floor covering. Not giving me the option when I click on my material. 

15 minutes ago, SLStructures said:

I ended up clicking things and figuring it out. Haha. Camera was in Vector mode. 

However maybe you can help me with anything issue. Trying to insert a floor covering and I can't. The kitchen isn't exactly a room, because one side is open. I tried doing "Floor Material Region" but still having a hard time putting in a floor covering. Not giving me the option when I click on my material. 

would need to know more about this, a floor material region should work just fine or split your room with a room divider