Image on 3d object

Kbowen1963

Go to solution Solved by Kbowen1963,

I am fairly new to the software but exhausted everything I can find for a solution. I am trying to build some general 3d object shaped to represent the footprint of various objects I need to place in a plan. These are simple primitive objects I am creating in a solid modeling package such as 3d cubed and rectangles. The issue I am having is I would like to place on the placed object in CA an image file mapped to the face of the object so I can easily see what the object is when looking in camera view. I have tried everything with no success. I am sure there is away to map an image to a solid but I cannot find it. It would be nice to have it as part of the 3d model as I have placed them in my user catalog. Any help would be greatly appreciated

You might want to let other people know how you solved your problem in case they run into the same thing in the future.

I think all you really need to do is to create a custom material using the image.  This tech article covers the basic idea:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00007/importing-and-applying-a-custom-picture-to-a-frame-computer-or-tv-screen.html