Sign in to follow this  
Ridge_Runner

X6 slow to print

Running the current update of X6. I have started from scratch with new Template, Annotation Sets, Layersets. Started new plan in X6 - did not bring one forward. Simple plan - walls only; no fixtures; no windows or doors; no roof; only exterior and interior walls with auto dims and some manual. When I go either to the page setup or the Print option, it takes a long time to ever get to the dialog boxes; the dreaded Windows "wait" symbol is active for 30-60 seconds or more before getting to a dialog box for the printer. This was a clean download with the current update 16.2.0.47x64. X5 never had this problem. I am printing just plan views from the plan to check and use for load calculations - layout is not even open; I haven't even tried printing from layout yet.

I have started from scratch with new Template ...

that would have been my sugestion, it solved my problems prininting the layout.

seems like X6 has a mind of its own depending on which sysem it is running on ... and what day of the week it decides to take a holiday.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jaimeducusin
    Newest Member
    jaimeducusin

• By Ridge_Runner
      Running the current update of X6. I have started from scratch with new Template, Annotation Sets, Layersets. Started new plan in X6 - did not bring one forward. Simple plan - walls only; no fixtures; no windows or doors; no roof; only exterior and interior walls with auto dims and some manual. When I go either to the page setup or the Print option, it takes a long time to ever get to the dialog boxes; the dreaded Windows "wait" symbol is active for 30-60 seconds or more before getting to a dialog box. This was a clean download with the current update 16.2.0.47x64. X5 never had this problem.

Dimensions:

Added an Interior "string" of dimensions. X6 will not display the arrows (using tick marks) for any of the interior walls - only the two on the exterior walls. If I turn "Suppress Wall Widths" on or off it doesn't matter; the wall widths will turn on or off, but not the tick marks. Cannot find any setting to correct this. No problem in X5.

[edit] - I just changed the tick marks to arrows - they show up fine - go figure.

Toolbars:

What happened to the "Child" buttons displaying on the main toolbar. Now it appears they only reside on a separate toolbar. I know how to change from "drop down" to "child" but what gives with this separate toolbar to keep up with? I am surely missing something or is this a Mac thing that doesn't seem logical to a Win user?

Thanks for any feedback. Not bashing X6. Just don't want to upgrade backwards.