general notes for plans

Chiefuser3gc

Hello new to Chief and finishing up my first set of plans.  Engineering is complete I am just adding my final notes to the plans my question is is there a place to get these notes easily without re typing all the info?  Currently im working my way through typing them up and saving for future plans but there's a lot of basic info I feel that could be copy and pasted over?  If typing them all up is the way its done than that's what I will continue doing!!

I typed in mucho notes.  Some which go with all plans, some for plans in particular jurisdictions who want to see specific notes for their department.  Some for Energy Code, some for Stretch Energy Code, some because one architect (who stamps the plans) wants them, some because one Engingger (who stamps the plans) wants them....its a process.

I always save them both in a word document on my desktop that I back up on iCloud as well as on a template .layout file.

You can certainly save notes to your user library and export the .calibz library file to a folder on your computer as well as backup the template layout file under “Backup Entire Plan” in your File dropdown menu.

Regardless of your choice here I’d recommend having multiple ways you save it since it’s not a little amount of work!