Porch and patio oddities

Kanomis

Hey all,

I'm a small builder who draws his own house plans, so a Jack of all trades, master of none. 

Working in Premier X15. I'm having trouble with my back patio showing strangely on my elevation and with my front porch foundation walls setting themselves slightly taller than the rest of the house. This is a full basement with cold storage under the porch. The back patio will just be poured on grade. 

Here is the patio. It just showing as a hole. 

image.png.998dee784e2c6f6022ed8f3a0c15f0cb.png

Shows okay in ortho:

image.thumb.png.8ae8cf863a28e8403b641707d2fa382e.png

And here is the front porch. How can I get the foundation walls to be the same height as the rest of the house? I simply created it with the rest of the house's foundation walls.

image.thumb.png.e615c948c770fded33fd20e394e80ade.png

Any thoughts and responses would be greatly appreciated. I tried attaching the job file but it is too large to attach here.

Thank you!

Figured it out. Just needed to change the elevations of each slab. Realized that the back patio slab was too high and would be poured into the framing rather than the foundation. And the front porch was auto-set to 0" at the top. Dropped both of them and viola.

Thanks for letting me talk through this! 

you can zip the plan, that might help. I'm guessing (given that it looks like you have a basement) that your main house floor top is at 0" absolute elevation, and the floor is at least 12" thick(height), but your front porch is only a slab at 6"  thick, so you will have a difference of 6" or so.

If you go into your porch room and lower the top elevation of the structure to eual the math of the difference between the main floor thickness and the slab thickness, then the heights should be the same (perhaps less the mudsill). but I would ask, is that actually what you want?

typical main floor of a 9' ceiling house:

image.thumb.png.4fd3284f2177f109970f14415dc75a0c.png

• 2 weeks later...