Adding 2nd floor to garage building

Efflorescence

Hi all -

I'm drafting the as-builts for a house I'm preparing to remodel. 

I started by modeling the main house, which is 2 floors plus a full basement. (that's on the left-hand side of the plan below)

Now I'm moving on to the garage, which is connected to the main house by what I'll call a breeze-way. The main floor plan looks like this:

image.thumb.png.ac43ace72a1c9d0f477c0853e069bacd.png

The problem is ... the garage also has a second floor (note the stairway) but since I had Chief generate the 2nd floor for the house PRIOR to modeling the garage, no 2nd floor was generated above the garage. I hadn't drawn it yet.

Obviously, in retrospect I should've modeled the entire main floor including garage, and then generated the second floor.

Since that didn't happen, does anyone know of a simple way I can now add a 2nd floor to the garage building?

Thanks!

Thanks. I was expecting that to be the case too, but when I drew in the walls to create the space on the 2nd floor (see below) none of the defined spaces become "rooms."

It's all non-clickable space. (if you know what I mean)

image.thumb.png.811d39f11d8d50fe30e4e36f226193d3.png

Ah, good thought to check that, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I used my default interior wall type and "no room definition" is unchecked.

*IS* there a way to build a second floor here that isn't pain-staking?!?

I don't know if you have ever played around with reference display (F9) but turning it on makes it very easy to draw walls on your second floor and snap to the walls on the first floor.  It also makes it really easy to move a wall on one floor and then jump to the other and line them back up.