Converting an Existing plan from a full basement to slab-on-grade

myrtsbnye

Hello All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have an existing two story house w/ two car garage that has a full basement (under the house only). The client would like to change the basement to a slab on grade with 4' frost wall (attached a section of the type of foundation they'd like). There is a porch and deck. The garage floor is 24" below the main floor (I changed this to 12" for the slab, can be changed to whatever it needs to be to work).

When I try to rebuild the foundation to this type I get lots of issues. The floor is 12" below the top of the stem wall in the house as well as the garage. There are other issues with heights of the rooms. The porch and deck floors are over 18" above the main floor level. Probably should be slabs as well?

Anyway, would it make sense to start from scratch? I don't want to mess up the drawing too much.

Thanks in advance.

slab-on-grade-sm.jpg

2 hours ago, myrtsbnye said:

Hello All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have an existing two story house w/ two car garage that has a full basement (under the house only). The client would like to change the basement to a slab on grade with 4' frost wall (attached a section of the type of foundation they'd like). There is a porch and deck. The garage floor is 24" below the main floor (I changed this to 12" for the slab, can be changed to whatever it needs to be to work).

When I try to rebuild the foundation to this type I get lots of issues. The floor is 12" below the top of the stem wall in the house as well as the garage. There are other issues with heights of the rooms. The porch and deck floors are over 18" above the main floor level. Probably should be slabs as well?

Anyway, would it make sense to start from scratch? I don't want to mess up the drawing too much.

Thanks in advance.

slab-on-grade-sm.jpg

Post your .plan file 

• 2 weeks later...