Fence Posts Don't Reach The Ground

KKirsch

Can anyone tell me why my fence posts don't reach the ground?

I am using a 3 rail, split rail panel system, which I told to follow the terrain.  My newel posts are 5" round posts and 40" tall, and the railing is 36" tall.  I have my terrain and fence on the foundation level of my building.  The terrain is about 30" below the 1st floor elevation, and the posts seem to stop at the 1st floor elevation.  I only see the top +/-10" of the posts.  They are missing the other 30" down to grade.

I found the solution to my problem.  On the same dbx page with "follow terrain", I needed to select, "generate on low platform".  This wasn't very obvious, but apparently this is necessary to get the object (wall, railing or fence) to generate between 2 different floor platforms.

I found the solution to my problem.  On the same dbx page with "follow terrain", I needed to select, "generate on low platform".  This wasn't very obvious, but apparently this is necessary to get the object (wall, railing or fence) to generate between 2 different floor platforms.

Very interesting,  thanks for the insight,  not sure if I have run into this before.