Dimensions not showing as selected in Number Dialog

mfortune

Can anyone help me with getting the dimensions to show in Decimal Feet rather than Feet, fractional inches?  I have Decimal Feet selected in the Number Style dialog, but no change.....

While we are at it, is there any way to show the dimension/angle at either end of the line rather than at it's midpoint?

Finally, is there a way to show all digits on a quadrant bearing when one of the values is "00"?

Thanks for the help!

17 minutes ago, mfortune said:

Can anyone help me with getting the dimensions to show in Decimal Feet rather than Feet, fractional inches?  I have Decimal Feet selected in the Number Style dialog, but no change.....

Dimension formatting is controlled in the Dimension dialog, Primary Format panel. Number Style dialog only applies to numbers within the dialog.

While we are at it, is there any way to show the dimension/angle at either end of the line rather than at it's midpoint?

You can move the dimension value by clicking the smaller box near the value and dragging.

Finally, is there a way to show all digits on a quadrant bearing when one of the values is "00"?

Not that I'm aware.

Thanks Chris, but the Number Style dialog didn't affect the dimensions. (See attached screenshot).  I was able to get it to show when I change it through the Default settings > CAD > Number style, but I'm guessing that changed it globally when I just want it that way for the site plan.....

Also, there isn't a "smaller box" available next to the dimensions on the polyline....  Do I have some default setting not showing that?

Thanks again!

number dialog screen shot.png

32 minutes ago, mfortune said:

the Number Style dialog didn't affect the dimensions

Oh, you meant line length displayed on a CAD line, not a dimension.

Go to Default Settings > CAD > General CAD and under Displayed Line Length Format, click Define and set your formatting there for CAD line lengths. 

Again, Number Style ONLY affects numbers within dialog boxes.

• 1 month later...

I

On 11/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, Chrisb222 said:

Oh, you meant line length displayed on a CAD line, not a dimension.

Go to Default Settings > CAD > General CAD and under Displayed Line Length Format, click Define and set your formatting there for CAD line lengths. 

Again, Number Style ONLY affects numbers within dialog boxes.

In the General CAD Display Line Length Format, when I click to define the Line Length Format, it doesn't have decimal feet as an option.....

I know that I had it working on another plan, and I thought that it was somehow tied to the selection in the Number Style dialog, but apparently that isn't the case.  

Any other options?