Joining two custom ceiling planes

Mackenzie

Hello! I'm looking for help connecting a barrel ceiling and angled ceiling where they meet and I'm struggling to find a solution.

I drew my room and changed the ceiling heights to match the house then added 3 custom ceiling planes, 1 long rectangle for the angled wall and two shorter runs meeting in the center above the toilet for my barrel ceiling, the problem I'm having is joining the two together where they meet.

I also couldn't figure out how to cap off the side of my angled ceiling when I had it drawn short but that's not the primary issue ( hoping it would extend the wall drywall onto the side but it was just an open view into the attic)1514374201_Screenshot2023-10-23at7_13_24PM.thumb.png.0e0ebf78f9c041a7329aaddc6c78f513.png1855166087_Screenshot2023-10-23at7_13_38PM.thumb.png.881b9ef1c41c9225e0d37ef18f4cc15a.png

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 7.19.51 PM.png

Becker Working Plan.plan

First off, before I have another look...

To draw a full 180deg barrel vaulted ceiling it is better to draw it using zero degrees for the Pitch.

This way it is just the one curved ceiling plane for the full barrel instead of using two curved ceilings.

You need to have  look at some of the structure of your ceiling planes (framing layers, etc)

You can then use Join Roof Planes to join the 2 roof planes.

1 hour ago, glennw said:

First off, before I have another look...

To draw a full 180deg barrel vaulted ceiling it is better to draw it using zero degrees for the Pitch.

This way it is just the one curved ceiling plane for the full barrel instead of using two curved ceilings.

I tried it initially with one plane but I couldn't figure how to tell the program to set the low point to the two long walls instead of starting low on the window wall and sloping up towards the rest of the room so I followed a similar chief tutorial that said to draw half the slope then copy it onto the other side, is there a way around that?

My new problem trying it that way by setting the pitch to zero is that it locks the bottom and top heights of my slope to be the same, is the option I'm meant to change on a different page?

Edit: I figured it out, I haven't solved the main issue but your comment made more sense while watching the video and I got it to work with one plane.

17024949_Screenshot2023-10-23at8_14_25PM.thumb.png.40b9b4650c62a3214dcbf8bc0370dc46.png

Edited by Mackenzie
Learned

1 hour ago, solver said:

Talking about roofs, but ceiling planes work the same.

That definitely helped me understand what I'm doing a lot more clearly but It doesn't want to join the two planes correctly, I'm currently doing the barrel portion with a single plane and have tried inserting a line break where my ceiling meets the drywall as well as where it meets the framing and it doesn't seem to fix it regardless of which ceiling plane I drag and/or how far I drag and join them. Do you have any additional information that could help me solve this?

Thank you for this video so far as well.

Another detail that might be causing my issues is that the bottom of both ceiling slopes meet the wall at a different height, the barrel ceiling is about 4" higher where the wall meets.