Light Fixture Labels

RF-Architect

Can anyone tell me why Chief will not let me snap to my light fixture label in side elevation?

I’d like to move the label off of the fixture so I can see the fixture and label, but it doesn’t let me do so.

I can select the fixture and the label is highlighted, but will not let me snap to it in order to adjust or move the label.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you zoom in, you should be able to see the label's handles separate from the fixture. Alternatively, in elevation view you can double click on the fixture and specify a label offset which will apply to that particular view. Either way, there will not actually be any CAD type of snapping to the actual label.

24 minutes ago, robdyck said:

If you zoom in, you should be able to see the label's handles separate from the fixture. Alternatively, in elevation view you can double click on the fixture and specify a label offset which will apply to that particular view. Either way, there will not actually be any CAD type of snapping to the actual label.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response.

I do zoom in really close, but the handles do not appear. The label does, but the label grips do not.

The input method from the dialog box did work though.

Thanks,

RF