Default Tub Symbol won't generate 2D symbol after stretching

amddrafting

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

This has never happened until recently.  When I go to stretch a tub to fit the specified dimension I need it loses it's 2D info.  When I click "generate block" in the 2D section of the tub dbx it won't generate the symbol or won't automatically update when the setting is set to auto generate.  It's just a box showing the drains.  Any Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.9031e10bba4ef1063237a49a12b2a954.png

• Solution

When you get the message asking you if you want to regenerate the 2D cad block, just say no.  The cad block will stretch or shrink with the tub and as long as you don't change the size by a lot, it should look fine.

I think the reason you are losing the lines when the cad block is rebuilt has to do with the smoothing angle.  I was able to get them to show by setting the smoothing angle much smaller but then I was getting extra lines I didn't want.

Smoothing angle fixed it. Thank you.  Even though I have "Always Ask" checked it doesn't ask me anymore when I go to adjust it.  It's what I'm used to seeing and that's why it's never been an issue until recently.  Not sure why it's not asking me anymore.