Layout PDF Export creates ALL WHITE file

kylejmarsh

Having issues exporting a layout set where the file exports a blank looking pdf. However if you inspect the pdf a bit you'll see that the text is there, but everything is just white.

Here is a pdf with the issue:

Plans - Evangelista - Estimate Review - Sep 5.pdf

It's a small file so I assume only the text is getting added to the pdf not the vectorwork or the live views.

Also should know:

- Other layout files plot just fine, it's just this one .layout

- Relinking the model to a different one does not help

- Sending it to printer instead of pdf creates a blank sheet

- Previews in print dialog show as white

- I had played around with adding a watermark to this layout, which is the only thing that is different than usual (from what I can tell)

Any ideas on what could be going on?

2112014672_ScreenShot2023-09-06at9_44_14AM.thumb.png.9d4243210989e334884826626defeb00.png

Plans - Evangelista - Estimate Review - Sep 5.pdf

In the Manage auto-archives, is there a former layout (for this project) prior to the watermark being used?

If so, how does that layout print? If it works well, that's a helpful clue. 

In addition...

To trouble shoot, have you cleared the printer cache?

What happens when the print is changed to black and white?

• Upvote 1

- B/W didn't help it

- The former layout prints no problems (but it was from a while back so could be other issues)

I ended up moving it over to a new layout file and prints just fine:

238959673_ScreenShot2023-09-06at10_11_48AM.thumb.png.0c310357b3d94524dd4ce294d201263c.png

Now here's the test: Turn on the watermark and what happens to the print? (save it first!)

Looks like it works just fine...

1907953925_ScreenShot2023-09-06at10_15_52AM.thumb.png.1c9cbdc3ff439fe85e96be4dfac2886e.png

If an older Layout has functionality when it comes to printing, that says something.

Especially when all other projects files are printing ok - including the new layout. 

Rather than embarking on a journey down a rabbit hole, it sounds as if all went well.

Glad that worked out.