Rigid insulation within steel stud wall; insulation in materials list

Wynsong

How does one define a wall type with steel framing 24 OC and insulated panels between the studs? How do you show the insulated panels in the materials list? Auto detail as insulation doesn't seem to do it. Structural insulated panels is only an energy calculation it seems. 

Are you looking for renderings if it?  If not setting the framing layer to detail as insulation and set your cavities as insulation r value appropriate to the rigid foam amount.  In the materials list it will send square footage of insulation.

I'm making a detailed materials list for a manufactured panel system for the wall panels, roof panels, etc. that are then shipped the site and erected quite quickly. I'm put each panel into CAD/CA in detail. I have decided to hand draw the layers of a generic wall system and not use the wall system in CA since it doesn't give me the flexibility I need. Then I'll make the various panels from the generic wall - different panel widths, electrical and plumbing, etc. This way I can get a materials list for each panel type for the manufacturing people including a cut list. And a buy list for the entire house to generate the cost of materials for the entire house. I'm learning about the NVP/Ruby formats and commands today. This is a bit more challenging task that I expected but will pay big dividends for the entire build process!  Thanks for your reply!