Dimension not aligning to edge of framing

Chapp702

Im trying to get my dimension line to allign to the edge of the framing. Its super close but not quite there. To the right or left of this wall there is nothing that should be making the dimension line want to stick there. Ive tried clicking the dimension line and moving the diamond edit handle to the edge of the wall but it doesnt want to snap. My dimensions are set to "Wall Dimension Layer". Maybe it has to do with the doorway? 

Im using Chief Architect Premier X15 Student Version

dimension 2.png

dimensions 1.png

Got it, I had to open the doorway configuration and set the rough opening to 0". However, could setting the rough opening to 0" potentially raise concerns for professionals in the trades who review the plans? (I'm practicing and not actually going to be using the plan)

43 minutes ago, Chapp702 said:

However, could setting the rough opening to 0" potentially raise concerns for professionals in the trades who review the plans? (I'm practicing and not actually going to be using the plan)

Not really...that doesn't show up in many places (if any) on a plan set. Perhaps in a schedule, although calling out rough openings in a schedule would be somewhat dependent on regional practices. I would recommend that you leave the rough opening set as accurately as possible and alter the dimension settings to pick up the center of openings.

It would affect section views if cut through an opening!

• Like 1