How Do You Assign Window Room Name for Stacked Units

Drew-PRH

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Good day,

In the Master Bedroom, Living Room and Upper Stairwell are some UPPER windows which will not pull the 'Room Name' from which they are located onto the Window Schedule.

I know this may be a minor item, however sometime a little bit more information can be helpful.

It looks like this space is referred to as 'Attic' in the Bedroom and Living.

For the Stairwell Windows, that wall - under the Wall Specification/General Tab, it lists no selection for any wall type (Foundation, Railing, Terrain, Attic)

Here is one example image

Is there a proper way to do this? :unsure: (other than comments)

Thanks!

Upper Window No Label.jpg

• Solution

So I am going to guess that your upper windows are in the attic wall that is on the floor above the room. If they are on the floor above, then the schedule won't show them in the same room.  I don't think schedules can figure out that rooms can be on more than one floor.

You could try placing the windows on the wall on the floor below and then dragging them up to the attic wall in an elevation view.  You might need to hold the control key down to drag the windows up through the missing platform.  In the picture below, W02 is on floor 2 in the attic wall so it has no room.  W03 was placed on the floor 1 wall and then moved up to the attic wall so it shows the room name.

Another thing you could do is to create a room on the floor above using invisible walls and then name it whatever you want just so that the room name shows up in the schedule the way you want it to.

attic wall windows.jpg

10 hours ago, DBCooper said:

So I am going to guess that your upper windows are in the attic wall that is on the floor above the room. If they are on the floor above, then the schedule won't show them in the same room.  I don't think schedules can figure out that rooms can be on more than one floor.

You could try placing the windows on the wall on the floor below and then dragging them up to the attic wall in an elevation view.  You might need to hold the control key down to drag the windows up through the missing platform.  In the picture below, W02 is on floor 2 in the attic wall so it has no room.  W03 was placed on the floor 1 wall and then moved up to the attic wall so it shows the room name.

Another thing you could do is to create a room on the floor above using invisible walls and then name it whatever you want just so that the room name shows up in the schedule the way you want it to.

attic wall windows.jpg

You are correct.  OK - that makes sense.  I can do something like that.  I'll try the drag up method first.

Thank you - have a great day!!