Framing Overview - Not generating walls, roof, etc

LizFitzD

Go to solution Solved by HyperTrex,

Hello!  I'm new to CA X15, I've been using the old CA Home Designer Essentials for years, but as our business has grown we upgraded - except now I'm drowning because x15 is so much more advanced and has so many more features - which is great, except I can't figure out how to do simple things I used to do in my sleep.  I'm trying to create a framing overview/perspective of a 3 story chalet style home we are building and it will only generate the deck, staircases and foundation walls (which show as cement and then just the drywall and siding above it - no framing).  I'm sure it's something easy like checking something in layers or defining the framing somewhere, but I can't figure it out...Thank you for any help, in advance!

image.thumb.png.66957865eaaddde019763c988fb6f506.png

I think the home designer versions will always build the framing automatically.  In Chief, you will probably need to build the framing yourself.  You could also set it up to build automatically but this might slow things down a bit more so building it when you need it usually works better.

• Like 1

• Solution

Have you told Chief to build the framing for your walls? I think in Home Designer programs, framing is set to automatically rebuild. In Chief Architect you have to tell Chief to build the framing. You can do that from the Build Framing panel

• Like 1